The idea behind this international, groundbreaking project “Leszek Kulakowski Chopin Impressions” feat. Mikael Godee, Ebba Westerberg is to "jazzify" ingenious F.Chopin's music with prof. Leszek Kulakowski and Mikael Godee jazz quintet. The process of bringing jazz soul into classic revolves around the most famous concepts: preludes, mazurkas, nocturnes and waltz being arranged for a jazz quintet. Polish-Swedish artistic cooperation will bring new life to F.Chopin's music, creating absolutely unique musical value.
The goal of this project is to combine jazz and classical music in a jazz quintet form as well as implementing composing techniques, modernizing the concept of jazz ensemble and a creative approach to musical material. The album continues "European school of jazz" while maintaining " Chopin's musical spirit". It brings out and masterfully uses the contrast between leading piano, intensive rhythms of saxophone and pulsating drums. They aim to present polish music of F.Chopin as an intriguing phenomenon available to broad spectrum of music fans. This album will be a great addition to European musical culture.
- 1.Walc a-moll op.34 nr.208:56
- 2.Nocturne g-moll op.55 nr.106:12
- 3.Preludium h-moll op.2808:21
- 4.Marche funebre (Piano Sonata b-moll op.35, III mov)05:16
- 5.Nocturne cis-moll op. posth.09:23
- 6.Preludium c-moll op.2809:13
- 7.Mazurek a-moll op.17 nr.406:53
- 8.Preludium e-moll op.2806:23